Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Suprise outside my back door

My dear hubby and son have been working diligently to rebuild the well house so that come winter our water (hopefully) will not freeze this year. While outside, a little bird has been very loudly telling us what for. We could not figure out why the little bugger was so persistant at telling us we needed to work somewhere else. Well low and behold, dear hubby looks up and notices a birds nest just overhead. While working on the well house I noticed that the bird telling us what for was the male and the female would come by every so often and feed three little babies in the nest.  I get out my camera and take a few shots of the nest and the parents, look it up in my bird book. The birds are Scarlet Tanagers. It's nice knowing that they are willing to create a home for their babies just a few feet from our back door. Now, every time I go out that door, I'll be looking up to see how they are doing. Howdy, neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment