Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Neked Sheep and Crazy Weather



Well this has been one crazy week when it comes to the weather! We had about 6 inches of beautiful snow with temperture down to 0 F. There were a lot of tractor trailer accidents for over the road truck drivers. Thank the Lord that my husband was able to make it home safely to wait out the weather.

This week the weather is going to be in the upper 60's F. Today, I was outside in a tee shirt! The garden has started coming up despite the extremely cold weather.

 
Jacinda is due to lamb at the end of the month. So today she got her spring haircut. Tomorrow, I'll be giving Raven her haircut as she's the next ewe due to lamb.

This fall, I'll be coating the sheep to help keep their fleeces cleaner. I'm also experimenting with a new way of feeding the round bale of hay to help keep them from getting so much hay on their necks. I need to wait a few weeks to see how they do with the new method.





No comments:

Post a Comment