Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fleecy Happenings

After having bought a couple of mesh laundry bags to wash my sheep's fleece in, I decided that I didn't like how the mesh bag was compacting the fleece and not allowing it to get as clean as it was when I was washing without any bag. So, I came up with a plan. I wanted a mesh container that would hold it's shape, allow the fleece plenty of room to float around for better cleaning, and that I could take in and out to drain the dirty water.  I had on hand an old mesh laundry hamper that I could re purpose into my magic fleece washing basket. I took out the wire, cut the mesh, sewed the pieces together. And now I have a fleece soaking in it. We'll see how the outcome of this experiment is in a few days.




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am looking forward to following your blog. I was going to ask you if you had one - I figured homesteading would make for some great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Hope you enjoy my little blog.

    ReplyDelete