Sunday, August 22, 2010

Flying the Coop

We settled our dear son into university life yesterday. This is a big step for him, as well as us. I know he is excited and nervous at the same time. After homeschooling him from 5th grade on, it's a little strange not having him in the house. I'm glad to see him move on to the next step in his life, but a bit sad too. My little boy is all grown up.

Anyways, I'd been borrowing his digital camera to take photos, and he took his camera with him. Until I can get my own camera, I'll have to do without.

Been working on some socks, in between moving son into his new living quarters. Hmm, maybe I have a new craft room now !?! grin...

Here's a photo of Raven's ewe lamb after her first haircut in late June. I put the sheep up on my old goat milking stand to handshear them. Less stress on my back and less stress on them. I haven't given her an official name yet. I'm thinking of calling her Felicity. It would be more logical to me to give her a name starting with "R" so that I remember that her mom is Raven, but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment