Sunday, May 26, 2013

Redirection, Reflection, Rededication

A lot has happened this past year. I won't get into all of it, but the first week in Jan. this year husband was in a major wreck in his big truck (18 wheeler). This has led to the both of us reflecting on what we want and setting goals in that redirection. So, the both of us are rededicating ourselves to making a real living on homesteading/farming. With the long term goal of getting him out of the big truck and being able to stay home.

Having said all that, I was thinking about the garden when I started writing this blog post. We moved to a new and better place to do our homesteading/farming. And now I have a new garden spot to work with. Every year on Memorial Day, I'm going to take a photo of it and keep track of it's progress. How well it's doing and what I've planted.

This year so far has been a great year for peas. Usually by this time peas are burned up due to the heat. But, we've had lots of rain and some cool weather. The beans are not so great. I'm going to have to replant part of one row.

No comments:

Post a Comment